Matcha Tres Leches Cake (Dairy Free, Vegan)
Stand Mixer Use a hand mixer
8×8 cake pan
- 1 soymilk Unsweetened
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 Aquafaba Chickpea brine
- 1/3 neutral oil
- 2 Tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 Organic cane sugar
- 1 Tsp baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp Salt Kosher
- 1 3/4 Cake flour Use gluten free all-purpose flour
- 3 Tsp ceremonial grade matcha powder more for dusting
- 1 15 oz can Non-dairy evaporated milk I used evaporated coconut milk from Nature's Charm brand
- 1 15 oz can Condensed coconut milk or oatmilk
- 2 Plant milk Unsweetened
- Sprinkles as desired, optional
- Coconut whip Taste
Set your oven at 350F. Line the baking pan with parchment.
Add lemon to soymilk and let sit.
Whip the Aquafaba
Transfer the aquafaba in the stand mixer. Whip on high until soft peaks are formed. After whipping the mixture, it should have increased in volume. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
Prepare Cake Batter
The stand mixer should be filled with the oil, sugar cane, baking soda and vanilla. Mix until well incorporated and smooth.